What is Sexual compulsivity disorder?
Sexual compulsivity disorder is any pattern of compulsive sexually motivated behaviour which has direct, negative consequences upon a person's life. Sexual compulsivity can present itself in many different forms, but the most important thing to remember, much like any other addiction, it can be successfully treated.
Some symptoms of sexual compulsivity disorder :
- Compulsive masturbation (self-stimulation).
- Multiple affairs (extramarital affairs).
- Multiple or anonymous sexual partners and/or one-night stands.
- Consistent use of pornography.
- Unsafe sex.
- Phone or computer sex (cybersex, sexting).
- Prostitution or use of prostitutes.
- Extensive dating through personal ads.
- Voyeurism (watching others) and/or stalking.
- Sexual harassment.
In undertaking therapy, Mike will help you to establish what may be your trigger and danger zones that may facilitate any addictive form of behaviour. Once these are established he will then help to create a plan of action to avoid these and set achievable goals and boundaries to start you on your road to a full recovery. These goal and boundaries don't always mean complete sobriety, Michael will work with you as an individual, drawing from other models such as CBT, Mindfulness, Person-Centred Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Systemic Therapy to find you the best course of action.